Furniture Test Standards
European seat stability Standard EN 1022 On July 1, 2018, the EU Standards Committee (CEN) approved the adoption of the regulatory standard EN 1022:2018 on the stability of furniture seats, which will be established as a local national standard in May 2019.
This will directly affect the export of your furniture seat products to all countries and regions within the framework of the European Union.
Compared to the old version EN 1022:2005, the new EN 1022:2018 updates is mainly:
1. The scope of application has increased the number of lounge chairs and sun loungers, covering most of the seat furniture
2. Integrate test method for stability in EN 581-2 outdoor Chair and EN 1335-3 office chair
3. The test method of angular stability tested and convex lateral stability is added.
4. Refine the definition of handrail, backrest, seat bearing structure, etc.
American Outdoor Furniture Standard UL 4041 the New American outdoor furniture standard UL 4,041:2018 was promulgated and implemented on June 29, 2018. In the past, the United States did not have uniform and clear standards for outdoor furniture.
In the industry, the quality of furniture is generally controlled by the relevant standard requirements of BIFMA (American Association of Office Furniture Manufacturers) or EN 581 in Europe as the criterion.
Compared to previous recommended standards, the UL4041 standard:
1. The scope of the test covers most of the outdoor furniture, including chairs, tables, sun loungers, hanging chairs, swivel chairs, etc., for each product has a very strict physical performance test, some force value compared to the European outdoor furniture standards generally 0.5 twice to times larger
2. A number of new safety checks have been added, including sharp edges, gaps, shear grips, which greatly reduce the risk of damage to users from the product
3. Add requirements for physical labels and instructions on the product, clarifying its fixed content and format.
European office chairs standard EN 1335 is a detailed regulatory standard developed specifically for office chairs of the European market. EN 1335-1-2, put forward the general design of office chair requirements to minimize the risk of user injury. EN 1335-1, defines and regulates the dimensions of the finished chair. EN 1335-2 is for the safety performance test requirements of the finished office chair, not its accessories. EN 1335-2:2018 was updated on July 15, 2018 and will be established for use in May 2019, replacing EN 1335-2:2009 and EN 1335-3:20,092 standards.
EN 1335-2:2018 Strength and durability test method standard using EN 1728:2012, instead of the original EN 1335-3:2009, the main test contents include:
Seat Backrest strength tests
Seat and backrest durability test (260,000 cycles)
Handrail Durability Test (60,000 cycles)
Handrail Strength Tests
Wheel rolling resistance test
United States office Furniture standard ANSI/BIFMA The United States has the largest sales and import volume of office furniture in the world. The standards set by BIFMA, the American Association of Office Furniture merchants, have won wide recognition for their perfect content and strict requirements.
The most recent update of the BIFMA regulatory standards was issued on February 14, 2017, with the release of the ANSI/BIFMA X5.1-2017 (General Purpose office chair) approved by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), with the main changes being: increasing the test load and modifying the test steps.
BIFMA Office Furniture Regulatory requirements cover:
ANSI/BIFMA X5.1-General Purpose office chair
ANSI/BIFMA X5.3-Vertical Filing cabinet
ANSI/BIFMA X5.4-Leisure Chair
ANSI/BIFMA X5.5-Workbench, work desk
ANSI/BIFMA X5.6-Integrated Office System
ANSI/BIFMA X5.9-Storage Cabinets
ANSI/BIFMA X5.11-General crowded to use office chairs
The global furniture market has a large number of major national regulatory standards, covering the general table and chair, storage furniture, beds and mattresses, office furniture, children's furniture and other categories of regulatory standards up to dozens of.
Haida instrument provides professional testing equipment and free laboratory testing project Consulting！Here
We are here to help you! If you close the chatbox, you will automatically receive a response from us via email. Please be sure to leave your contact details so that we can better assist